Welcome to Circle of Hope, Inc., a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that helps breast cancer patients who struggle financially from a breast cancer diagnosis.
Circle of Hope's main mission is helping those breast cancer clients in financial distress with their medical, prescription and chemo related dental bills. Gas and grocery cards are only given when the medical provider does not have these available. Some patients need daily living expenses, as they have had to quit work to receive treatment. They are suffering a loss of income.
Payments are based on applications and financial need. Patients are not paid; only the providers of services are paid. the payments are only possible from designated donors. We do not have funds for all counties, unfortunately. There is no age, gender, or nationality requirements. We accept all clients.
You must live in northern MN and northern Wisconsin. The counties as listed on the website under Helping Hearts and Hands.
How does it work? For the daily living expenses and medical program, a criteria grid is used based on NEEDS and not WANTS. The secretary/coordinator fills out a form that board members vote on from the application.(Names are not used as Circle of Hope values ones privacy and follows H.I.P.P.A. rules.) Call and the application will be sent to you by mail. Call 218.464.1626 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why do some clients need help?
Some clients lack health insurance and weren't diagnosed under the MN or Wisconsin Sage program that would of covered their treatments. Others don't have jobs or they may be low paying jobs, may have really high co-pays, are between jobs, and can't pay the minimum payments on their balance as they struggle day to day to survive. We see patients who have had to spend down everything they own, been turned into collection,and have filed bankruptcy.
Circle of Hope gives clients HOPE, Faith, and Courage in their struggle with the disease from diagnosis through treatment.
Who are those patients who are suffering?
1. Some breast cancer patients have chronic breast cancer needs, are suffering from the side effects of treatment that have left them disabled.They look into the mirror and see the cancer battle scars. Some can't even afford to have reconstruction.
2. Some clients are struggling with metastatic (recurrent) breast cancer disease.
3. Some have had to choose clinical trials that didn't work for them, and at the end of the day they may of died from lack of quality health insurance.
4. Others suffer from depression or even addiction from dealing with the diagnosis.
5. Poverty knows no boundaries.These are not the patients participating in high cost fundraisers when they should be getting the help they need. Some people may not know where their next meal will be coming from let alone how to pay for their treatments.
What about fundraisers?
Circle of Hope may be able to guide you and help you with your fundraiser or tell you how to get additional funds through a variety of resources (including financial) listed and not listed on their website. Circle of Hope may provide volunteers for your fundraiser, give donations for your fundraisers (if they have items available.) One on one help is available from the coordinator. The resources are based on 12 years of experience serving others in this arena.Be sure to check out the many Resources tab on the website. Links are being added all the time.